Arugula Raspberry Walnut Salad with Grilled Goat Cheese
1/4c walnut oil or macadamia oil
2T raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
1T balsamic vinegar
dash of toasted sesame seed oil
couple of grinds of ground black pepper
1) Combine all ingredients together in covered bottle and shake well.Grilled Goat Cheese
- 1 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)*
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 4-ounce logs soft fresh goat cheese, sliced about 1/4" each and pressed into flat discs
- 2 large egg whites, lightly beaten until foamy
Mix first 6 ingredients in medium bowl to blend. Dip each cheese round into egg whites, turning to coat. Coat each with breadcrumb mixture. Transfer coated cheese rounds to plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
Prepare skillet on med high heat. Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil . Add cheese rounds and cook until golden and crisp, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to plate.
1/2 c. walnuts, chopped
2 tsp. sugar
Place walnuts in dry skillet over medium to medium-high heat. Stir constantly until warmed.
1) Add sugar and stir until sugar adheres to walnuts.
2) Remove from heat immediately and cool on wax paper.
4 c. arugula, rinsed and patted dry.
1 small avocado, chopped (optional)
1/2 pear, thinly sliced (optional)
1/2c fresh raspberries, for garnish
1) Place arugula in salad serving bowl and toss with dressing.
2) Top with avocado, pears, raspberries and grilled goat cheese & serve.