I am a mom of 4. I love to cook and try new recipes.
Every once in awhile a new recipe is tried and the family often responds with "mom..it's a keeper" meaning add this one to the family recipe book. So here I've compiled them all in one spot so they're easy to get to and add to. Hope you enjoy them as much as we have, and maybe they'll be keepers for you as well.

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

My Friend Tara's best Croissant Rolls


I love these croissant, hopefully, Tara won't mind that I share them.

Blue Ribbon Overnight Rolls
1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
1/2 cup white sugar
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup butter, melted
1 teaspoon salt
4 cups all-purpose flour (I used 1/2 All purpose and 1/2 whole wheat (Montana Wheat)
1. In a large bowl, mix together yeast, milk and sugar. Let stand for 30 minutes.
2. Mix eggs, butter and salt into yeat mixture. Mix in flour, 2 cups at a time. Cover with wax paper. Let dough stand at room temperature overnight.
3. In the morning, divide the dough in half. Roll each half into a 9 inch round circle. Cut each round into 12 pie shaped wedges. Roll up each wedge starting from wide end to the tip. Place on greased cookie sheets. Let stand until ready to bake.
4. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes.
**Tara's notes** I make a few changes when I make these. I usually do 2 cups all-purpose flour and 2 cups bread flour. I also make the dough in the morning and let it rise during the day or else use the bread proof on my oven to help it along. And when I roll it out I usually make a much larger circle than 9"s. I guess that just depends on how large you want your rolls. We have a convect oven so I cook our on 325 convect for 8 minutes. I think the temp and time are a bit high anyway for this recipe.

No comments:

Comments

If your family likes these recipes too, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. or even if you've just got something to say :)