I am a mom of 4. I love to cook and try new recipes.
Every once in awhile a new recipe is tried and the family often responds with "mom..it's a keeper" meaning add this one to the family recipe book. So here I've compiled them all in one spot so they're easy to get to and add to. Hope you enjoy them as much as we have, and maybe they'll be keepers for you as well.

Friday, September 17, 2010

BBQ Oysters

On a camping trip last year my husband and I stumbled upon this little place called "The Peg House" in Northern California that the most amazing BBQ oysters, ever.  I have always loved oysters but my husband has never liked them until this day.  Now we have craved these ever since.  So I had to attempt to make the same thing at home.  I tried BBQ'ing them on the BBQ they turned out good but not until yesterday did I make the most delicious oysters, that even beat out our favorites at the Peg House.  So here's the recipe.  And if your not an oyster lover, give this a try and you just might change your mind. :)


Oyster in shell  (how ever many you like we usually do 3 a piece)
Favorite BBQ sauce
Olive Oil
Sriracha Sauce (aka: rooster sauce)

Preheat oven to 350.  Place unopen, fresh oyster shells on baking sheet.  Bake for 10 min.  Remove from oven and open shells, leaving oyster attached to one of the shell, discard the other shell.  Drizzle oyster with olive oil, top with BBQ sauce and a drop of sriracha.  Place back in the oven and cook for another 3-5 minutes, just to heat.  Serve.  So yummy!!

No comments:

Comments

If your family likes these recipes too, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. or even if you've just got something to say :)