I am a mom of 4. I love to cook and try new recipes.
Every once in awhile a new recipe is tried and the family often responds with "mom..it's a keeper" meaning add this one to the family recipe book. So here I've compiled them all in one spot so they're easy to get to and add to. Hope you enjoy them as much as we have, and maybe they'll be keepers for you as well.

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

LOVE THESE!


These are some of our favorite non-hamburgers!  Our 9 year old daughter's friend (who happens to be VERY picky) came over for dinner one night and raved about these burgers.  They look just like a real hamburger and the taste is Oh, so Good!  With some avocados, tomatoes and lettuce this is a perfect hamburger!


Perfect when I have a sweet tooth!  The Mint pie is my absolute favorite and I'm never without a few in my freezer.  It's definitely not something you would want to eat ever day as the calories are quite high, but when you need a little sweet something that's totally vegan, these are perfect!



Okay, so my goal is to cut out soda, but it's going to be so hard to give up the Virgil's black cherry soda's.  It has the perfect blend of flavors.

So once we found this milk it was so much easier to give up cow's milk.  I use it to bake with instead of regular milk too and it does a great job, and now Smith's carries it!



I orginally bought this stuff because it was on a clearance rack and at a good price.  Even though I'm not really in need of more hair, I love this stuff because it feels soooo good on my scalp and it gives my hair lots of body.  I use it at night, sleep with it on and then wash it out in the morning, it never fails to make my hair look healthy, thicker and full of body.


This is totally amazing!  The perfect thing for when you've had a rough day or just need to relax.  I love the smell of this filled with Wintergreen and spearmint, it's one of my favorite things to take a bath in

I grew up using this and absolutely Love the taste of it.  It's great just on plain rice and used as a soy sauce, it's also great for seasoning soups, casseroles, vegetables and making salad dressings


Another new favorite.  I have a really hard time drinking water, it's just not something I really enjoy.  So I found these little packets one day and they have been a life saver.  They are sweetened with Truvia/Stevia and add just the right amout of flavoring to my water to make it tolerable.  I usually add them to my 16 oz. water bottle drink it halfway, and then add more water, doing this twice gives me 32 oz. of water in no time!  I can't live without this stuff.

TRADER JOES

No pictures for these but there are a few favorites that we always try to keep on hand from Trader Joes.

Pure Maple Syrup Grade B
once you've had this you'll never want any other kind of maple syrup, this is definitely the best)

Concentrated Frozen Lemonade
Perfect for a hot summer day, it's just like fresh squeezed with pulp and all.

Sugared Cashews
We love these on a salad with just about anything, but they're great with avocado's or eaten just plain.

Lime Cilantro Rice
Quick and easy, you just cut open the bag and microwave for 3 minutes until warm, goes great with just about anything or use it on burritos or any kind of mexican cuisine.


No comments:

Comments

If your family likes these recipes too, PLEASE LEAVE A COMMENT. or even if you've just got something to say :)